Good manners follow children throughout their lives, and the lessons begin when they are very small. Our three-bedroom apartments in Galveston with a playground may provide one of the first opportunities for your child to interact with others.
Here are some things to consider when teaching kids to behave appropriately in that environment:
- Set the example. Say “please” and “thank you” to your child. They will likely adopt that behavior as his own.
- Respond positively to the behavior you want. Be careful not to reinforce bad behavior with negative attention.
- Help children learn to control their emotions when it’s time to share. Redirect them to other activities.
- Teach them to cooperate by performing chores together.
- Teach them ways to negotiate for what they want instead of fighting. Show them how to trade.
As little ones grow and interact more with their peers, parents may see a decline in their behavior that can be shocking. Remember to stay calm. They say it takes a village to raise a child; form partnerships with other parents at the playground.Back to all posts