This recipe won’t take you long to make! Total preparation time is only 15 minutes and cooking takes 25 minutes. That means you can have an excellent local meal in less than an hour.
To make shrimp and grits, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
Follow these steps to make:
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper.
- Add grits and cook until water is gone, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well. In grease, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.
These shrimp and grits will take your taste buds to a whole new world. It makes 4 servings, so it can be used for a small dinner party, or ask neighbors to bring some wine or beer and join in.
Please contact us to learn more about our luxury amenities and apartments in Galveston, TX.