One of our favorite apartment decorating tips is to show residents how to use mirrors to make their apartments larger and more inviting. Towards that end, the following are some fun and creative ways you can brighten up your apartment by simply using a few strategically placed mirrors.
- Hang mirrors over the kitchen range. This creates an optical illusion that makes the kitchen seem twice the size.
- Install slightly tilted mirror panels above the built-in computer desk in your apartment. This creates an eclectic look that shows multiple reflections at the same time.
- Hang a mirror next to a wall. By setting it out a few inches, you’ll create added depth and dimension to the space.
- Turn the mirror sideways. Instead of hanging floor length mirrors horizontally, shift them on their vertical axis. This makes them feel much larger and creates a charming effect in the process.
- Create false windows. This is a fun trick that involves creating door frames/window frames to create the illusion of a window.
Need a place where you can put these apartment decorating tips to good use? Contact The Club of the Isle and we’ll gladly show you around our community and answer your questions about our available apartments.Back to all posts